2013年11月30日 星期六

Concentration: City; Buildings; Dystopia

After coming up with so many ideas, I am still wandering which core concept should I choose as my topic for my concentration. I have thought about science-related arts, social issue prompted pieces and my current breadth projects. I was confused and did not know what to do.

During the critique, I really appreciate all the ideas and criticisms on my art works. Even though it was confusing when all of my classmates speak out their own ideas and suggestions, I found all the advices very inspiring to me. Personally, I think my ball project went really well with white outer shells and neon-color painting on the inside. Everything I have done were very different from my initial sketches and blueprints. I really see the critique a best source of information.

Mrs. Jones’ ideas turn out to be the most helpful after all. I really think that taking my breadth pieces and putting them into my concentration would be a good idea. My breadth works have been too much alike and need some more variety so coming up with new piece would improve my breadth portfolio.


However, I can some up or make up my mind for the topic or central idea representing my pieces. Staring with all the projects with black outer cover and vibrant inner color, I do believe that they belong to each other. I first though of “city” or “buildings” to be my subject; yet, I am not sure whether they all related to such idea. I hope that the critique will be hold from time to time in a regular basis. Through such process, we cannot only improve our speaking as well as our independent thinking on artistic styles

沒有留言:

張貼留言