2013年11月11日 星期一

2D-3D Richard Pousette-Dart


I am inspired by this art work called the Symphony No. 1, The Transcendental, by Richard Pousette-Dart (1941-1942). This is an art work painted with oil on the canvas and it is currently located in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  After he moved to New York, he was influenced by Abstract artists and become the youngest member of the first generation of Abstract Expressionist. In his artwork , he employs think black contour lines and primitive themes. This work introduces an ancient feeling and extraterrestrial like elements.

Flipping through the Art History Book, I was captivated by the 20th Century arts works and especially the paintings from abstract expressionism. I really think this is a positive inspiration according to the painting (2D) I drew from the inspirations and incorporated the elements form cubism arts works (3D). And this time, I am really excited to do the reverse. When I an working on my ap 3D, I thought of add some more 2D elements in addition to the forms and shapes. 

This time, I want to add depths into this art work. In order to expand it, i with to adopt the thick lines and primitive patterns. At the same time, I want to add layers of different patterns to this sculpture. However, I am still tying to come up with an idea for the medium since I have been sticked closely to the current mediums. Thus, I will have to look for ideas from the environment or go to the corner of the art room to look for the treasures.

沒有留言:

張貼留言