2013年2月23日 星期六

Unbelievable Sculptures by MyeongBeom kim



Myeongbeom Kim’s works and projests contain both man-made and natural elements, with the aim to accomplish surreal and dream-like spaces. He received his MFA in sculpture from the School of The Art Institute of Chicago in 2008. Previously, he studied environmental sculpture at University of Seoul, South Korea.

 

Myeongbeon stated that “I try to examine how my surroundings are perceived and remembered. To do this, I listen to a whisper from the objects within my surroundings. I attempt to have an intimate, private dialogue with the world, trying to concretely present the way things approach me, by using other mediums.”

 

"To ask what an objects means to me is like asking what being I am. I have consistently experienced my surrounding objects from the perspective of life, growth, and decline, which lends vitality to my work."
 




 
There are thousands of surrealist sculptural artis around the world. MyeongBeom kim is unique in his own way. He combines the elements of nature and human commodities and creates special relationshiips between his sculpures and the surroundings. I appreciate his work in a way with both reality and artistic values. Although many of his works are again the current physic laws, he forms a balance within his projects. Thus, I reguard his work as "Unbelievable".
 
 
Work Referenced



沒有留言:

張貼留言